Palais Ferstel is located in the historical core of Vienna – in the first district. Its history goes back all the way to the year 1651 and it became famous for its first water pipe in a private building. 30 years later, it was burned down during the Turks siege and rebuild in 1700. Palais Ferstel’s todays form has been created by the architect Heinrich von Ferstel in the 1850’s who was inspired by Venecian and Florentian style. Back in its time, the Palais was the most modern building in Vienna. It served the Austro-Hungarian
It is very easy to reach by various means of public transport in a few minutes from all parts of the city and almost all metro lines.
How to reach the venue
By public transport:
– Metro station U3 Herrengasse is located 2 minutes away.
– Metro station U2 Schottentor is located 4 minutes away.
– Metro station U1 Stephansplatz is located 6 minutes away.
– Metro station U4 Schottenring is located 8 minutes away.
– The bus 1A which shuttles across the city centre stops right in front of the Palais Ferstel.
– There are numerous tramway lines at the metro station Schottenring which will bring you to various parts of the city: D, 1, 37, 38, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 71.
Here is a map of all metro and „Schnellbahn“ (fast train) stops across the city.
For further information on how to get around the city, you can visit the site of the Vienna public transportation.
The Palais Ferstel is also easily reachable by car. Schwechat airport can be reached within 30 minutes.
However, parking in the city centre is quite a challenge. There are several parking garages in the area around Palais Ferstel:
– Am Hof
See further details here.
With the special charm of the world famous café and their confectionery the „Cafe Central“ in the Viennese Herrengasse, which has always been home to great philosophers, poets and leaders we complete our culinary offer. W
Our clients can benefit from our own well-appointed kitchen which excels even the highest standards to indulge their guests with individually designed menus and divine dishes. Our kitchen and service crew deliver top quality and first class service. Palais Events offers by request also outside catering.